With Valentine’s Day soon upon us, we’d like to share a few ways you can celebrate the day here in South Warwickshire. There are plenty of places you can wine and dine your beloved and lots of local businesses who are on hand to help with a romantic gift. Read on to discover more…
- The Coach House, Stratford is planning a 3-course dinner with delicious sharing options. Pre-booking is essential at this town centre pub that oozes personality.
- The Cross Kenilworth will be open for lunch and dinner on Monday 14th February. Menus will feature luxurious ingredients for the most romantic day of the year – think Hereford beef, scallops and caviar. Please note that there are limited spaces so reserve your table
- For a divine dinner, bring your valentines to Coombe Abbey for a four-course candlelit meal in the Garden Room Restaurant. With a cocktail and canapés on arrival, indulge in fine food, wine and inspiring conversation with your partner. You can always stay overnight, too.
- The Globe, Warwick is situated on the corner of Theatre Street, between Warwick Castle and Market Place. In the early 1800s, this Grade II listed building became a theatre hosting pantomimes and plays, this Valentine’s let them play host to you, serving a mouth-watering menu. This destination venue has an extensive bar and lounge area, 87-seat restaurant, and 18 boutique-style hotel rooms.
- Have a night in with a twist! Join Shakespeare Distillery’s mixologist Sam who will guide you through a tasting session and try three of the gins at home. They’ll even send chocolates and glasses.
- Really relax with a massage or another treatment at Mallory Court’s Elan Spa. The spa is a perfect combination of countryside chic, absolute glamour, and decadent products.
- If you really can’t decide just head to Royal Leamington Spa or Bicester Village and let your loved one choose something they love.
- You could always present them with The Perfect Break, we’re sure it will be something you’ll both enjoy. Choose from a fabulous collection of expertly curated, flexible, and easy to book UK holidays from just £159 for two.
Make it memorable ❤
- See a brand-new production of one of Shakespeare’s best-loved romantic comedies at The RSC. In a futuristic world, two very different couples fall in love – but who is really pulling the strings? With dastardly plots, hilarious slapstick, and some of Shakespeare’s wittiest dialogue, Much Ado About Nothing is the perfect way to celebrate the joy of live theatre.
- Stroll around the illuminated grounds of Compton Verney for a date night that will dazzle. As dusk gives way to the inky blue of night and stars twinkle brightly in the clear sky overhead, the Spectacle of Light trail will take you on an amazing journey together.
- Sometimes it’s all about quality time together. Download one of the Kenilworth trails and set off on a special walk for two. You can learn more about the local area and discover special spots to pause along the way.
If you’re not based locally but would love to visit some of the places and businesses mentioned at another time of year, take a look at our suggested romantic places and add them to your itinerary.