With Valentine’s Day approaching and lockdown restrictions lingering, we thought we’d share just a few ways you can celebrate the day with your loved ones at home.
‘If music be the food of love…’
Good food is often thought to be the way to someone’s heart, but not everyone is blessed with culinary cleverness. If you could do with some support, many of our Warwickshire based businesses are on hand to help.
- Coombe Abbey are continuing to serve their take home Abbots Afternoon Tea for those who live nearby. The menu has been specially crafted to include the colour of romance, freshly baked aromas and an assortment of delicacies to engage with all your senses. You can even order the rose from them! Find out more.
- We are living through testing times but The Four Teas, Tea Room Stratford are urging us to ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’. They’re taking the panic away by providing their own special edition Valentine’s Hamper and Cream Tea Box. And you’ll be glad to hear, there’s no rationing going on here: click here.
- If you really want to push the boat out, go for a Michelin star menu. The Cross Kenilworth have created an exquisite five-course meal for two with Antona At Home. Vegetarian options are available along with wines chosen by their sommelier team and Champagne from Laurent-Perrier to take your meal to the next level: find out more.
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE: WINE & DINE YOUR OTHER HALF ON VALENTINE’S DAY
The new cool for Lockdowners is the ‘Makeaway’ – dishes you order from your favourite restaurant which delivers all the pre-prepped ingredients for you to add the finishing touches at home, at a time to suit you.
Oakman Inns, which owns three pubs in Warwickshire and West Midlands (Four Alls Welford on Avon, The Globe Warwick and Beech House Solihull), has, with their usual flair, launched their‘Oakman At Home’ kits, initially featuring a brace of their most popular dishes, with plans to expand the service in the next few weeks. They’ve added a sumptuous ‘Romantic Valentine’s Feast for Two’
- For those who enjoy cooking and have the expertise to pull together a delicious menu for two, The Farm Stratford Upon Avon can provide you with ingredients that not only tastes amazing but support local producers. They offer contactless collection or delivery to those who live nearby: click here.
- If you’re wanting to spend time with your loved one trying something new, how about a gin tasting? You can stay at home and sip the finest Stratford gin. Shakespeare Distillery have put together a gin tasting kit that includes gins, mixers, and cute tasting glasses. You’ll also have a video tutorial from their mixologist to make sure you’re doing it right, click here.
- Then relax and unwind watching an RSC production. Marquee TV have a whole host of shows for you to choose from so if you fancy a comedy, tragedy or classic tale, you’re sure to find something that fits the bill: Click here.
If you’re not based locally but would love to visit some of the places and businesses mentioned, we can help you plan your next trip to Warwickshire once travel restrictions are lifted. Take a look at our suggested romantic places to visit at any time of year, click here.